'INFLUENCE YOUR THINKING TO ACHIEVE PERSONAL GROWTH'
How It Works
The way forward with self-leadership requires a willingness to promote a positive directional change in oneself and by extension in human affairs. To become an effective role model, a person must first coach and lead themselves. It begins with the individual (the aspirant) who relies on principals of leadership imbued with spiritual receptivity to advance the process. These are first-tier requirements. The aspirant then immerses himself/herself in the waters of commitment to swim upstream against the tide.
Self-leadership is “the process” of influencing oneself in ways that achieve a positive change of direction in life. It means gaining the motivation to engage ethical decisions which lead to practices that can guarantee moral outcomes. It involves “leading oneself” by using psychological techniques to illicit goal setting, manages one’s behaviour, and find those natural rewards that help to inspire positive results.
Self-leadership requires sensitivity, keen observation, constant consideration, self-dialogue, and watchful intent. Leading oneself affords an opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding of your beliefs-systems, personal assumptions and attitudes, your thought patterns and habits, and to understand how and why you think the way you do. It’s a process that comes at a considerable price and with high expectation; meaning that you have gained a powerful desire to understand what’s needed to achieve a higher state of personal performance in order to exert leadership in globalized human environments.
Self-leadership requires understanding who you are and what you can do, knowing your goals and your aspirations, and having a sense of direction in life. This knowledge, when combined with internal skills, a spiritual perspective, and willpower will help ensure the desired results. This challenge is for those who wish to live their life based on the work they enjoy doing. Aspiring self-leaders believe they can live a productive life of service by being a positive influence on those around them and encouraging them to do likewise. This primary step is for those who desire to become a person who leads by example and in ways that serves a greater interest, i.e., humanity.
Set personal goals and objectives based on justice, equity, empathy, and compassion. These will improve your outlook on life and how you treat others.
● Practice discretion and lead by example because exemplary behavior is observable and influences others to do likewise.
● Encourage and accept novel ideas and experiments. Test them as potential pilot projects or programs.
● Take the initiative for a decided course of action.
● Demonstrate compassion, modesty, and a willingness to assign credit where it is due for accomplishments made by others.
● Reject pessimism by being an eternal optimist. Have zero tolerance for negativity and prophecies of doubt. Become a lifelong learner.
● Avoid mindless materialistic pursuits due of its profound ability to influence deviating from the desired aim.
● Strive for integrity, ethical persuasiveness, and justice in all undertakings.
Reference: Mastering Self-Leadership: Empowering Yourself For Personal Excellence. By Christopher C. Neck and Charles P. Manz. 6th Ed. Prentice-Hall. ISBN-13: 978-0132754415
Sustainable policy - doable objectives
Change is an opportunity to experience the growth required to evolve as a global citizen. It requires demonstrating moral courage.
8345 NW 66th St., A5783
Miami, FL 33166 USA
S-S, 9am - 3pm